Sunday, September 18, 2011

Back to Blogger

DAKOTA BEAR. His middle name is Bear... get it? ;) This was a Christmas commission. Charcoal on 11"x14" Bristol board. We went for "fierce". I feel good about it. Charcoal is great fun.
THE BIRD. This unassuming feathery friend of ours hangs on the wall in our Living Room. I needed something for our naked walls for our baby's blessing open house. Surprisingly, it only took a couple of hours to do and it was seriously, a blast painting it. This was probably the first time I'd painted something in such a painterly style. Can't say I hate it. While I love the rendered look- there's something to be said for two hours and a finished product. I will probably do "painterliness" again ;) Oil on canvas- 24"x36".
MISPLACED. I took a picture of this building while Steve and I were in S.F. a few years ago. I thought the building was so random and fun so I drew it. It went through a few different phases, but this is what it ended up looking like. Graphite with colored pencil on Canson paper. Comes to find out it's actually a saloon- still operating- I'm not certain.
EDDY THE PUG. This was a different fun lil' painting. My sister asked me to paint this for a friend of hers for Christmas. Hope she liked it. Is there anything cooler than a dog wearing a tie? really. This was done on an 11x14 gesso'd mason board with guoache and sharpie.